Naveen Chhabra, senior analyst with Forrester Research shared few data points and the market insights around the adoption of HCI, including:
- HCI will continue to grow at a healthy double-digit percentage at the expense of traditional data center technologies.
- Flexibility, faster service delivery and far simpler and easier upgrades are the main driving forces for HCI market growth.
- HCI is being used today for a variety of application use cases both in the data center and remote office branch office locations.
- Technology leaders use HCI for hybrid cloud and enable direct connection between internal cloud and public cloud for various use cases.
- Hardware accelerators like SCM on HCI will deliver the performance, capacity and the latency requirements of the new age applications.