BEIJING, China, Sep. 16, 2022 – Today, SmartX releases SMTX Backup & Recovery, a new product that provides backup and recovery solutions and enterprise-level data protection for data center workloads running on SmartX IT infrastructure (including SmartX HCI). SMTX Backup & Recovery 1.0 focuses on backing up virtual machines running on SmartX native ELF virtualization platform, to external NAS servers.
With SMTX Backup & Recovery, SmartX has enriched its backup and disaster recovery solutions, allowing customers using SmartX Native Hypervisor ELF to freely select Active-Active Clustering, Asynchronous Replication, and Backup to suit their data protection strategies for different applications.
SMTX Backup & Recovery is SmartX native and agentless, with one-platform centralized management from CloudTower, and offers flexible backup options.
Watch the video to learn more about product features, use cases, architecture, and how to deploy and use the product.
- SmartX Native, Agentless: No need to install an agent; No impact on VM performance during backup; Compatible with mainstream OS.
- One Platform, Centralized Management: Manage all backup and virtualized resources with CloudTower; Execution records at a glance; One click to deploy or upgrade.
- Flexible Backup & Recovery Options: Full or incremental backup; Keep restore points by day or number; Restore VM to the original or new location.
1. Quick Backup and Recovery
- Protect against data corruption and loss due to human misuse, virus infection, logic errors and other unexpected problems.
- Quickly and easily backup virtual machines in a production cluster to a repository outside the cluster.
- Restore the previous version of the virtual machine in the original production cluster or rebuild it in a new cluster.
2. Data Reuse
- Maximize the value of backup data.
- Avoid impacting the production environment.
- Simulate the production environment by rebuilding virtual machines in different clusters, and leverage backup data for R&D, testing, troubleshooting, and more.
3. Ransomware Defense
- Prevent massive data loss due to ransomware attacks.
- Ensure data integrity with reliable data backup.
Try It Now
SMTX Backup & Recovery is now available via subscription. You can request a 90-day free trial from our sales representatives.
- Hyperconvergence vs. Legacy VMware Virtualization Infrastructure: Four Differences and Five Advantages
- How Can HCI Reduce Carbon Impact of Data Centers (Explained and Calculated)
- Unprecedented Scalability: Explore SmartX HCI’s Flexible Scale-out Options
- How to achieve seamless and zero-downtime upgrade of IT infrastructure software and hardware?
- Automatic Data Recovery Policy: Stabilizing Application Performance While Accelerating Data Recovery